[Development] Clarification needed for Qt Script's future over QJSEngine/Value

N. N. metal.spark at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 20:59:55 CET 2014

> On Wednesday, 26 November 2014, 14:15, Hausmann Simon <Simon.Hausmann at theqtcompany.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
>
> You are right, we need to add a few more features to QJSEngine.
>
> I'm not so much in favor of the default prototype for meta type api anymore,
> as it promotes the creation of slow conversion code I think. If you peek at my
> gerrit dashboard then you can see that I'm about 80% done with a series for
> gadget support that will allow you to expose your own value types without a
> conversion needed.

I am wondering if just going directly to V8 instead of using Qt as the middle man would be the best course of action, that way you get all the speed benefits that V8 offers, and no need to mess with any conversion code, with the only disadvantage, that I can think of, is adding another dependency.
Or, will this introduce linker errors with Qt's version of V8, if all we need is QtCore.lib & QtGui.lib?