[Development] Two QStorageInfo classes

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Oct 3 18:11:22 CEST 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On Friday 03 October 2014 12:46:03 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I just pulled Qt and then it wouldn't build. After investigating a bit, I
> > found this:
> > ~/qt5 (5.4)$ find . -name qstorageinfo.h
> > ./qtsystems/src/systeminfo/qstorageinfo.h
> > ./qtbase/src/corelib/io/qstorageinfo.h
> >
> > Now doing a "git checkout origin dev" fixed the issue, but then how did
> > that happen?
>
> It happened normally, because we added a QStorageInfo class to QtCore.
>
> > Isn't this the reason why the submodules don't follow the actual
> branches?
>
> Sorry, what?

If I do "git submodule update" from a qt5 in 5.4 branch, the HEAD commit in
qtsystems is 4a324f7. If I "git checkout origin 5.4" the HEAD commit
is 3b3b759c6.

Isn't the reason why submodules points to an old snapshot that the provided
snapshot is one that is properly tested in jenkins?
Currently, the proposed submodules don't build.

Aleix