[Development] Two QStorageInfo classes

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 3 19:33:44 CEST 2014

On Friday 03 October 2014 18:11:22 Aleix Pol wrote:
> If I do "git submodule update" from a qt5 in 5.4 branch, the HEAD commit in
> qtsystems is 4a324f7. If I "git checkout origin 5.4" the HEAD commit
> is 3b3b759c6.
>
> Isn't the reason why submodules points to an old snapshot that the provided
> snapshot is one that is properly tested in jenkins?
> Currently, the proposed submodules don't build.

Ah, I see what you mean.

Submodules that aren't part of the release nor planned to be will not be
tested frequently. They may or may not build, so if you want to use them you
need to be prepared to fix the build yourself.

You should probably also keep yourself on the the master or dev branch (as
required) instead of following the submodule link. That may require you to go
to the dev branch of the other Qt modules too.