[Development] Building Creator's qbsprojectmanager and qbsplugin with external qbs

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 20:36:56 CEST 2014

Hi! A fellow maintainer in Debian has packaged qbs as a separate source. So we
though of building qtcreator's qbsprojectmanager and qbs plugin with it.

This seems not supported right now "out of the box" (but could easily be done
with config.test stuff [0]), so I disabled building the embedded qbs source
(to avoid wasting build time) and then I setted up QBS_INSTALL_DIR so the
build system can find it.

Then I got to the point in where the qbsprojectmanager needs hostosinfo.h
which is not provided by qbs by default nor as a private header/lib. Adding
the header is clearly not enough as the symbols it references are still not
present with a normal qbs installation.

So, is there any plan to make this possible? Is it desirable? What needs to be
done? (yes, we might provide patches for this if we can get a clear view of
what's needed).

[0] Yes, if we get to be able to build the stuff using the external qbs I will
propose a patch for this.

--
I am two fools, I know, for loving, and for saying so.
  John Donne

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/