[Development] Compiler warnings

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 14 09:59:28 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 14 October 2014 08:59:27 Kurt Pattyn wrote:
> 1. Is it worth the (big) effort to try to remove these warnings from the
> public part of Qt?

Again, it depends on how intrusive those patches are. We already build Qt with
a compiler warning check for all public headers and we could add a few more
options to the compiler flags to enable more warnings.

Not all of those that you wanted. That just made the code ugly.

> 2. Are there other people, esp. working in strongly
> regulated environments that have the same problem? I see that Qt is used a
> lot in the automotive industry: how do these applications comply with
> MISRA?

They don't. MISRA doesn't apply to the IVI system.