[Development] Compiler warnings

Kurt Pattyn pattyn.kurt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 08:59:27 CEST 2014

Hi,

This has already been brought up before: when compiling an application/library using Qt and setting compiler warnings to comply with e.g. the Misra C++ rules, Qt generates a lot of warnings.
I already did some work on eliminating some of the warnings, but there are still quite a lot left.
A number of these changes never got through, having forced me to locally patch Qt to avoid them.

Now my questions:
1. Is it worth the (big) effort to try to remove these warnings from the public part of Qt?
2. Are there other people, esp. working in strongly regulated environments that have the same problem? I see that Qt is used a lot in the automotive industry: how do these applications comply with MISRA?

Cheers,

Kurt