[Development] Branching scheme & bugs

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Tue Oct 14 12:14:10 CEST 2014

On 14/10/2014 6:57 pm, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Bug fixes go to the oldest branch where the fix is applicable, not
> the branch where the bug manifests.

I'm not entirely sure which that would be, I know it's not in 4.8.6
because it's still behaving itself as normal, along with the lib
bindings.  I'll see what digging can be done a bit later.

> That is, the target depends on the patch itself, not what it's
> correcting. If the patch is too intrusive for Qt 5.3, then it should
> go to 5.4 even if 5.3 is

I can't speak for Kurt, but mine is just a couple of lines in one
file, though it might be better served by a script to detect the
correct attributes for that file and apply them during (or immediately
after) installation.

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben McGinnes  http://www.adversary.org/  Twitter: benmcginnes
    Writer, Systems Administrator, Trainer, ICT Consultant