[Development] Qt 5.4.0 Beta snapshot available

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Oct 14 14:28:05 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 14 October 2014 11:59:50 Knoll Lars wrote:
> >Since it's a large refactoring, if we miss 5.4, I don't think we should
> >add it
> >to 5.4 at all. And since it's totally binary incompatible, it wouldn't be
> >added to 5.x at all.
>

> Are you asking to delay the beta, or for an exception to add the change
> after the beta? I would prefer the second option given how many issues we
> had getting the beta together.

I don't want to add the change after the beta is released. If we don't get
these changes in for the beta content, I'll abandon them.

The changes are ready, just pending approval:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/95531
https://codereview.qt-project.org/95532
https://codereview.qt-project.org/95533
https://codereview.qt-project.org/96073

The important ones are the second and third ones. The fourth one is an
optimisation that can be added at any time.