[Development] Qt5 Integration

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at theqtcompany.com
Wed Oct 15 11:24:45 CEST 2014

Hi Simo,

On Friday, October 03, 2014 05:32:12 AM Fält Simo wrote:
> Hi,
> It is time to bring the old topic to table:
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2014-February/015426.html
>
> Some of you might have noticed that during the last couple of nights there
> was an e-mail with "[Qt CI Nightly] " title sent to the
> ci-reports at qt-project.org mailing list. That was a status e-mail from CI
> pointing to Qt5 nightly build logs and test results. Same data can be found
> from QtMetrics also. Now that the push notification is working, we will
> proceed with the original plan described by Frederik in his e-mail linked
> above, to disable auto tests from Qt5 integration. After that it will be
> build test only and possible test regression is found nightly. Please also
> do notice that, nightly build has no 'forcesuccess' nor
> 'qt.test.insignificant' properties, so the result is actually worse than
> what you see from integration builds, where some of the tests are forced to
> succeed or marked as insignificant.

I think this is a great and important step to speeding up qt5.git integration
and will speed up releases (the current beta of 5.4 is a good example of where
this will help).

One think still missing is visibility - can we get a bot ping on #qt-labs for
example whenever the results are there? I had a look at the results yesterday
and saw quite a few platforms not passing as expected, but only people
subscribed to the ci-reports mailing list will see this information.

So in summary, we need more noise about this. If someone feels like writing a
simple web site that parses the results that would also be great, interpreting
them should not be that hard and many scripts can be re-used. Let me know if
you're interested in helping out there. I want to work on this myself but
won't find time any time soon.

Cheers,
Frederik