[Development] Branching scheme & bugs

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Thu Oct 16 20:44:20 CEST 2014

On 14/10/2014 10:39 pm, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2014 21:14:10 Ben McGinnes wrote:
>> I can't speak for Kurt, but mine is just a couple of lines in one
>> file, though it might be better served by a script to detect the
>> correct attributes for that file and apply them during (or immediately
>> after) installation.
>
> If in doubt, send to 5.4 for bugfixes and dev for new features. If
> the reviewers decide the fix is important enough, you'll be asked to
> retarget to 5.3.

Well, I guess that just depends on whether or not assuming that all
versions of OS X are 10.8 is a good thing.

Yeah, okay, I'm being a little facetious.  I figure it hasn't been a
major issue because most Qt developers just make sure their Mac apps
have everything bundled in and for those actually playing with it
there's always stackoverflow.com when something goes wrong.  Plus it
doesn't affect 4.8 and there's still a lot remaining there.  Anyway,
this has clearly waited a while, so it can wait a few more days while
I deal with more pressing matters.

Regards,
Ben

P.S.  I'm going to guess that any testing for OS X was done on a
system running 10.8.  ;)