[Development] QtRemoteObjects (was Replicant)

Sumedha Widyadharma sumedha.widyadharma at basyskom.com
Fri Oct 17 12:02:12 CEST 2014

On 17.10.2014 11:50, Milian Wolff wrote:
[...]
> Qt RemoteObjects is very different from Qt WebChannel - it gives you a
> typesafe C++ interface. Qt WebChannel does some similar things but only
> constructs a dynamic JavaScript object via introspection. There is no way to
> use that directly from C++, esp. not in a typesafe manner.
[...]

The idea would be to add type information to the object descriptors of QtWebChannel.
At no point would the javascript library be involved in this scenario.

I'm not sure if the required kinds of proxy objects can be dynamically constructed though,
thus the question.

It might not be possible (or a good idea) to do the same thing in both projects,
but we've also already thought that sometimes having (optional) type information
in QtWebChannel would be good.

Regards,
Sumedha Widyadharma

--
Sumedha Widyadharma
System Integrator

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel   : +49 6151 870 589 128  | Fax: +49 6151 870 589 199
sumedha.widyadharma at basyskom.com | www.basyskom.com

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Eva Brucherseifer, Heike Ziegler