[Development] [QtIFW] CPack IFW Generator

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 15:23:01 CEST 2014

Konstantin Podsvirov wrote:

> Thank you! This is what I need.
>
> I have a Gerrit account (user: kot). But I haven't contributed in Qt code.
> What sequence of actions? What instruction I to read?
>
>> I can also create a patch with boilerplate topics or sections where you
>> can add the information. For planning purposes, do you have information
>> about the generator somewhere that I could look at?
>
> A working version of CMake is not accompanied by a public documentation,

Documentation generated from the master branch is updated daily here:

 http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/module/CPackIFW.html

>> Also, what's the time frame for CMake version 3.1.0 ? I don't want to add
>> links to a yet unreleased feature ...

The roadmap says early November:

 http://public.kitware.com/Bug/roadmap_page.php

but it's likely to slip some weeks if past experience is a good forecast.

Whatever is true about additions to the Qt documentation, the CPackIFW
generator looks like it should get a mention in

 http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/manual/cmake-qt.7.html

One option would be to add primary prose there and link to that from

 http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-5.3/cmake-manual.html

and

 http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/deployment.html

The CMake documentation can be loaded in creator

 http://www.kdab.com/context-sensitive-cmake-documentation-qtcreator/

and CMake releases will include a qch file from now on. Eg

 http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.1/CMake.qch

Thanks,

Steve.