[Development] qmake command line assignments are not considered by config.tests

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Thu Oct 30 16:04:47 CET 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 03:32:50PM +0100, Roland Winklmeier quoted:
> I'm using qmake project files for a library project. On Linux with a
> standard pathes for installed headers and libraries, there was rarely
> the need to add a non-standard path. If that happened, a command line
> assignment did the job:
>
> qmake "INCLUDEPATH+=C:/path/to/headers" file.pro
>
> Recently I found qtCompileTest(test) macro and loved it. So I added
> config tests to my latest project. On Linux config tests are building
> successfully and everything is fine. But on Windows even though I passed
> the custom include as commandline assignment to qmake, the tests fail.
> Looking into the produced Makefile, I see that config.tests were lacking
> the custom include and failed of course. Commenting the tests the build
> is fine.
> Is this intended behaviour? I would expect the tests use the same
> include path settings as the actual builds. Otherwise a test wouldn't
> make much sense, would it?
>
> Did I do something wrong or is it worth a bug report?

what seems to be missing here is qtCompileTest() passing down qmake
command line arguments to the recursive invocation. this isn't even
possible without extending qmake itself, as the project has no access to
the qmake command line.

yes, this is worth a feature request. it won't get top priority, though.
patches welcome.