[Development] QTBUG-35892. QML XMLHttpRequest does not support the OPTIONS method.

Валерий Котов kotov.valery at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 13:19:13 CEST 2014

> On 4 September 2014 10:29, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 04 September 2014, Richard Moore wrote:

>> > I actually looked at the specs (both level 1 and level 2) the other day
>> and
>> > OPTIONS * isn't mentioned at all.
>> >
>> At least in WebKit, it is an allowed method for open(), eg.
>> xhr.open('OPTIONS',..)
>>

> Yeah, the spec mentions OPTIONS, just not the special case of sending an
> OPTIONS * request.
>
> Rich.

Thank you everybody for your responses!

According to w3c XMLHttpRequest class does not support "OPTIONS *" request.
Most likely it will not be supported soon.
Please see mailing list thread by using the following link for more
details:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JulSep/0457.html

Do you mind to leave "OPTIONS *" request behind until it is available in
w3c specification?

There is one more thing. Should we care about cross-origin resource sharing
protocol? If I got it right, XMLHttpeRequset should perform "OPTIONS"
preflight request before real cors request. Please see links below for more
details:
http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/#cross-origin-request-with-preflight-0
Does it make sense to have separate method for "OPTIONS" request in
QNetworkAccessManager if it is the case (like for get or post)?

--

Best regards, Valery