[Development] QTBUG-35892. QML XMLHttpRequest does not support the OPTIONS method.

Valery Kotov kotov.valery at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:19:30 CEST 2014

Greetings everybody! Thank you for your responses.

> Given the previous discussions referenced from the working groups for
xmlhttprequest I think it's pretty clear that we can forget about OPTIONS
*. Just using a
> custom verb and implementing it in the xmlhttprequest implementation of
qml seems like the way to go.
Ok. Then https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/92664/ patch can be
rejected. It does not contain valuable changes. "OPTIONS" is already
supported by "sendCustomRequest" and covered with tests. Should I perform
any actions to reject the patch?

> By the way, do you know of who would need OPTIONS *? What's the use-case,
who
> would use it and how do they do it today?
Unfortunately, I can't think of any specific use case except getting
general server settings. For example (from specification), OPTIONS request
can be used to test proxy for HTTP/1.1 conformance. Another use case for
using "OPTIONS *": preflight request in case of using CORS.

--
Sincerely yours,
Valery Kotov