[Development] New company name for Qt part of Digia and unified web site

Lorn Potter lorn.potter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 02:26:32 CEST 2014

On 18/09/14 05:09, Kuba Ober wrote:
> One of the reasons I loath to recommend to the management to go back to paying for Qt licenses is that we’d have been sponsoring what amounts to 2 or 3 major rebrandings and “revamps”, and it seems like throwing money down the drain. As a user, I want good code. The website, as far as I’m concerned, can be text-only. Any money that the owners of Qt spend for anything besides the code is, to us as the end users,*our*  money burned for frivolities.

speak for yourself.

I think it looks quite nice. They've done a good job making it look
appealing and useful.

While text only web site might be ok with you, managers or directors
scoping out a dev framework for the first time might be wary about
paying for something with a web site from 1980's

Quality of code also runs to the web servers. I am a bit wary about dev
apps/frameworks/tools whose web site looks like gak.