[Development] www.qt.io/download-open-source is broken

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Thu Sep 18 09:07:44 CEST 2014

On 18/09/14 08:06, "Kojo Tero" <Tero.Kojo at digia.com> wrote:

> [...]

The platform detection is extremely useful to show the right package to
download in the majority of cases. Before people (especially new users)
where usually very confused as to which package to choose.

The automatic download is a bit overdone currently, as it also downloads
on back/forward navigations and doesn’t remember that the package has
already been downloaded once. So we should consider whether that’s the
best approach or whether an approach more similar to the old download page
is better. It’s one more click, but then it’s very explicit, and people
will get exactly the package they asked for.

Cheers,
Lars