[Development] Qt Location module

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 21:01:06 CEST 2014

I can't say behalf of Qt Project what is the status maps but I am in very
similar situation. We make app
for IOS and Android that uses map. We started from Qt4.8 but moved soon Qt5
mostly because Android and IOS
were much better supported.

Qt5 Location Maps has all it's API changed and there is no C++ API and we
were using QtQuick1 with mobile components so we ended to port Qt4.8 maps
component to Qt5. Next step to us is to move QtQuick2 and new map
component. The map component for QtQuick2 is part or qtlocation sources but
to be enabled it requires to fetch qt3d from git, compile and install and
then compiling qtlocation again and you get maps. For desktop the maps
compiles and installs without problems but for Android and IOS small
tweaking is required.

Kate