[Development] Qt 5.4 beta snapshot available

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Fri Sep 26 13:57:20 CEST 2014

Hi all!

New snapshot available here:

Windows: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.4/5.4.0-beta/2014-09-26_23/
Linux: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.4/5.4.0-beta/2014-09-26_28/

Unfortunately mac packages are still missing :(

Qt5 changes in this snapshot:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/95726/
Patch Set 2:

* qtbase 0c307f4...8f25196 (33):
> Polish the mdi example.
> Generate Show/Hide events for widgets when minimized state changes.
> remove special handling for the "Deployment Files" filter
> refactor VCXProjectWriter::outputFileConfig
> uncopy & -pastify code
> Expose QSqlDriverPrivate dbmsType in public QSqlDriver api
> Ensure a window with no stays on top flag is not staying on top
> Handle InsetDrawable.
> Update license headers and add new license files
> iOS: Dont update screen properties for statusbar frame while rotating
> iOS: Reflect changes in statusbar height as QScreen availableGeometry
> iOS: Fix touch point translation when root view controller is offset
> iOS: Simplify QWindow/UIView geometry mapping
> iOS: Ensure root view controller always matches size of containing window
> iOS: Move top level window management out of QIOSScreen to QIOSDesktopManagerView
> iOS: Calculate screen (available) geometry using [UIView convertRect]
> iOS: Update screen properties more consistently
> iOS: Scroll root view when keyboard is visible using sublayerTransform
> Make QScreenPrivate constructor a bit clearer
> Windows: devicePixelRatio aware QWindowsTheme::standardPixmap
> Doc: Fixed autolink errors qtbase/kernel
> Doc: corrected autolink errors qtbase/corelib/tools
> Abstract proxy model: Add missing delegation of supportedDragActions
> Change fallback OpenGL library name
> Fix misleading documentation
> QXmlSimpleReader shall handle external entity reference file over 1k
> Merge "Merge remote-tracking branch origin/5.3 into 5.4" into refs/staging/5.4
> Windows: fix obvious mistyping in getSysColor
> Vista style: Scale hardcoded values in menu drawing code.
> Fix QPixelFormat values
> Add * as a valid token to our blacklisting
> Doc: correction return statement QSqlDatabase QSqlTableModel::database()
> Fix doc typo with Q_FORWARD_DECLARE_MUTABLE_CF_TYPE.

* qtdeclarative d0138bb...40f76f9 (7):
> QDSM: Nested statemachines are supported
> move QQuickWindowAttached to QQuickWindowQmlImpl
> Fix cleanup of non-threaded render loops.
> Cleanup: Simplify CompiledData::Unit structure to always include the string table at the end
> Allow multiple cached qml unit registration functions
> Fix disappearing slider during size/orientation change
> Doc: apply title case to all section1 titles

* qtdoc bc87679...28618df (3):
> Doc: Suggest an alternative to connections with default params
> Doc: Added link to QtEndian page from Core Internals page.
> Update software fallback GL name

* qtmultimedia f788f8e...c1c205b (3):
> Android: fix QMediaPlayers state and mediaStatus signals.
> WMF: fix crash on media player destruction.
> WMF: fix video rendering with ANGLE.

* qtquickcontrols 094528f...1a1a19f (1):
> EditMenu: let menu property be a component to lazy load it

* qttools a8fd7c7...49e7591 (3):
> Zoom the documentation according to the system DPI by default
> Qt Designer: Fix range check of double properties.
> qdbusviewer: Extract MainWindow class

* qtwebengine a193b3b...f3500da (3):
> Skip tst_QWebEngineFrame::setUrlWithFragment API test
> Remove unneeded QWP_PATH environment variable for quick tests.
> Fix issues on HiDPI displays

* qtwebkit d34ae1d...f69ddfa (2):
> Incorrect behavior on emscripten-compiled cube2hash
> Avoid crashing when QtQuick destroys our SG node and GL context

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/95608/
Patch Set 1:

* qtbase 7b7ad02...0c307f4 (27):
> Accessibility OS X: Fix image role
> direct2d: Fix font size when display scaling is in use
> QVersionNumber: correctly fail for numerically very large segments
> QCommonStyle: remove references to QStyleOptionFrameV<n>
> QStyleSheetStyle: remove references to QStyleOptionFrameV<n>
> winrt: fix compiler warning on Windows Phone
> emulate mouse move in default implementation of QPlatformCursor::setPos
> Fix compilation of ANGLE for XP
> iOS: Add missing LSRequiresIPhoneOS field to Info.plist
> iOS: Implement support for native menus
> Fix warning about sign change (ICC)
> Initialize certain Qt environment variables in testcases
> Unify the environment variables used for console logging
> Fix the number of empty lines between warnings at the end of configure
> Add unit tests for cleaning up nested functions
> QRegion: Reorganise members to reduce padding in EdgeTableEntry
> Fix MSVC source code encoding warnings in tst_qtjson.
> Fix QAbstractSocket::readData() behavior on buffered socket
> Fix the drawing of elided text in QHeaderView.
> Blacklist constantly failing test cases on OS X
> xcb: support Wacom touch devices; distinguish from tablets
> Fix too fast zooming in QTextEdit with smooth scrolling events
> QCalendarWidget: fix a bug when parsing date/time formats
> QCalendarWidget: move all helper classes into the unnamed namespace
> QCalendarWidget: move QCalendarTextNavigator into qcalendarwidget.cpp
> Fix spin box with fine grained wheel events
> Use NonPremultipliedImageSrc shader when painting non-premuled images

* qtdeclarative a76985e...d0138bb (2):
> Updated the example to accept input on Android
> Recreate the fbo on screen change in QQuickWidget when needed

* qtquickcontrols 215ca36...094528f (4):
> Gallery: use new menu API for TextArea
> EditMenu: add base implementation for desktop
> Add EditMenu to input controls
> Merge "Merge remote-tracking branch origin/5.3 into 5.4" into refs/staging/5.4

* qtwebengine 1cbb91b...a193b3b (2):