[Development] Qt Quick Controls for Embedded

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:27:18 CEST 2015

On 8 April 2015 at 17:35, Oswald Buddenhagen
<oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 04:39:52PM +0200, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
>> On Wednesday, April 08, 2015 04:30:23 PM Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> so ideally we find the perfect new name for both module and
>> repository. Sadly we didn't manage to come up with a great name in a
>> few hours of brain storming.
>>
> i think quick controls 2 will work just fine. it's not like people are
> not used to "asynchronous" versioning in the qt quick world.
>
> but anyway, here are some more ideas:
> - the classic: qt quick controls NG
> - the diet: qt quick controls light
> - the thesaurus: qt quick widgets
> - the cynic: qt quicker controls

I like QtQuick.LightControls.

In general, since both sets are drastically different (in way they
look like, in the way they perform, in styling capabilities, etc.) I
do not think giving them similar names (Controls 1 and Controls 2) is
a good idea - it may strongly confuse the users. Not everybody follows
the mailing list and blog, so if you name them similarly you can
expect a flood of questions like "I'm trying to use the new Controls,
but X does not work, and Y looks different, while Z can't read my
style definition" etc.