[Development] QML bindings for native Android controls

Nurmi J-P jpnurmi at theqtcompany.com
Mon Apr 13 14:00:06 CEST 2015

On 12 Apr 2015, at 23:25, Robert Knight <robertknight at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'd like to request a playground repository for the former hackathon project of mine: QML bindings for native Android controls - https://youtu.be/Mo8J-g5XPGQ
>
> This looks great and IMO the only way to be sure of being able to
> create a top-tier UX for Android or iOS for an app that is intended to
> have a native look and feel.

Indeed. UIs have come a long way since the days of Windows 95 and others where it was sufficient to draw buttons and checkboxes a bit differently. These days, UIs are full of little transitions and effects. When those things are missing or slightly off, the UI feels broken.

> Are repositories like this best served living with the other Qt
> playground repos though? I wonder whether it might be able to gain
> traction faster if it was on GitHub instead?

I’m afraid it has to be covered by the Qt CLA ie. hosted by the Qt project.

--
J-P Nurmi