[Development] QML bindings for native Android controls

Nicolás Ulrich nikolaseu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 19:45:15 CEST 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Jeremy Lainé <jeremy.laine at m4x.org> wrote:

> On 04/13/2015 03:46 PM, Nurmi J-P wrote:
> > On 13 Apr 2015, at 14:50, Jeremy Lainé <jeremy.laine at m4x.org> wrote:
> >
> >> How about just "android-controls", which would become
> >> "qt-android-controls" if the project graduates from playground?
> > I like this suggestion. In the end we will have much more (*) than just
UI controls, though. Does that matter from the naming perspective?

> > *) For example, good background service integration is important for my
own use cases. Pretty much the same way WorkerScript works, I hope to be
able to send arbitrary jsobjects between background services and UI
instances.

> Another option is "quick-android", which would become "qt-quick-android".
>
> Cheers,
> Jeremy

+1

I would love to try this so any name is good for me. I was just starting to
develop something for android (in java) just because qtquickcontrols
doesn't feel right. This however is really encouraging.

Do/will the standard Qt models work with the native views?