[Development] QML bindings for native Android controls

Nurmi J-P jpnurmi at theqtcompany.com
Tue Apr 14 20:26:08 CEST 2015

> On 14 Apr 2015, at 19:45, Nicolás Ulrich <nikolaseu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would love to try this so any name is good for me. I was just starting to develop something for android (in java) just because qtquickcontrols doesn't feel right. This however is really encouraging.

This is looking very promising, but don’t get too excited yet. :) This is not a finished product, just a hackathon project that I haven’t actually touched since December because I’ve been busy with http://blog.qt.io/blog/2015/03/31/qt-quick-controls-for-embedded/.

> Do/will the standard Qt models work with the native views?

The example seen in the video is using a JS array as a model for the sake of simplicity, but the same set of models that Qt Quick supports (number, JS arrays, QObjectList, QAbstractItemModel, QQmlXxxModel...) is on the wish list.

--
J-P Nurmi