[Development] memory corruption in moc when building Qt 5.4.0

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:22:16 CEST 2015

Hi,

A bit of a long shot, but is it possible to infer anything from the linked-to build log explaining why I'm seeing a memory corruption abort in moc when building qtbase 5.4.0?

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/203470318/buildlog_ubuntu-trusty-amd64.qtbase-opensource-src_5.4.0%2Bdfsg-4ubuntu1~trusty1~rjvb~ppa150416b_BUILDING.txt.gz

This is using packaging that comes from Kubuntu's Qt 5.4 for 14.10 PPA backported to/for Ubuntu 14.04 . The i386 packages built fine; for the 64bit packages I've added "-O3 -march=amdfam10" to the CFLAGS, and use clang 3.5 (via the linux-clang mkspec). That approach worked fine with Qt 5.3.2 .

My Linux system is severely underdimensioned for building even a part of Qt so my first attempt, if nothing can be said based on that build log, is to try with gcc 4.9 (and probably call it a day if ever that proves to work)...

Thanks,
R.