[Development] Rotating JPEG images by default

Agocs Laszlo laszlo.agocs at theqtcompany.com
Fri Apr 17 10:08:16 CEST 2015

Hi Rainer,

Which bug reports are we talking about?

Are you saying that newer versions of Qt would automatically apply rotation to certain images? That's clearly a regression and cannot be done by default. At this stage it can be an opt-in feature at best.

The difference to formats like TIFF is unfortunate. Ideally none of the image plugins should apply such smartness automatically (there can be other use cases where we want the pixels as in the file, not everything is a photo viewer application). Instead, there should have been a QImageReader level API to enable this.

BR,
Laszlo