[Development] Qt Quick Controls for Embedded

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 20 15:43:35 CEST 2015

Hi Frederik,

On 04/09/2015 04:04 PM, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> We want to give you the code, here it is :)
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/admin/projects/qt-labs/qtquickcontrols2
[...]
> Feedback welcome!

If I understand correctly, these controls are intended to be a
cross-platform set of controls with their own style, with the goal of
being good looking and still have a good performance; the goal is not to
wrap (or make them look alike) any of the platform native controls,
unlike for example qtqmlandroid.
Is my understanding correct?

If so, it seems to me that the naming is somehow confusing: on one hand
we have qtquickcontrols1, which provides a uniform API to render
native-looking controls; on the other hand, the qtquickcontrols2 module
seems to have a very different goal.

Maybe this qtquickcontrols2 module should be renamed to something like
qtquickembedded, to avoid giving the false impression that is meant to
supersede the existing module?

And will qtqmlandroid eventually be merged into qtquickcontrols1, once
it's ready?

Ciao,
  Alberto

--