[Development] Qt 4.8: disabling the CI and closing for anything except security fixes

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Aug 14 02:40:24 CEST 2015

I recently tried to fix a very simple bug in Qt 4.8 but I can't get the change
to integrate because the CI seems to have fallen into disrepair.

Instead of using valuable QA time in fixing the CI for 4.8, I'd like to propose
instead that we simply disable the CI for that version and close Qt 4.8 for
any submission except security fixes. Gerrit would be configured for pure
merging instead of staging, but that would only be enabled to Gerrit admins
and they'd only do it after confirmation from the security team (security at qt-
project.org).

Any objections?