[Development] Please do not remove QtWebkit from 5.6 official binaries

Turunen Tuukka tuukka.turunen at theqtcompany.com
Thu Dec 3 13:29:47 CET 2015

Hi Mark,

If you need to use Qt Webkit, then it is probably better to stay with Qt 5.5. There is nothing that makes Qt 5.5 bad overnight, if it works for you now. Qt WebEngine is in many aspects already much better in features than Qt Webkit. Qt WebEngine is also better maintained, and does receive much more improvements and security fixes than Qt Webkit. Even though some features of Qt WebKit are not in same way available with Qt WebEngine, it is overall a better choice. Qt Webkit is removed from Qt 5.6 because it is no longer maintained well enough to be part of an official Qt release. We are also not developing and testing it to work with Qt 5.6.

Yours,

                          Tuukka