[Development] Qt 5.7 feature freeze postponed, new date to be agreed

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Dec 9 11:22:10 CET 2015

Hi all,

According to original plans we should have Qt 5.7 FF next Friday (18th Dec). But we are still fighting to get Qt 5.6 (beta) out so there is no point to start freezing Qt 5.7 yet. We discussed about that yesterday's release team meeting & agreed to start discussion in ML about the issue. Ideally we should wait Qt 5.6.0 RC before start freezing Qt 5.7. But waiting Qt 5.6.0 RC might cause unnecessary delay for Qt 5.7 as well and I don't want to postpone 5.7 so much. That's why I propose 15th Jan 2016 for new feature freeze date for Qt 5.7. It should be quite near Qt 5.6.0 RC (if we managed to get Qt 5.6.0 out during next week as planned).

br,

Jani