[Development] RFF: nullptr rules

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Thu Dec 10 14:39:17 CET 2015

On Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2015 14:36:49 CET Marc Mutz wrote:

<snip>

> As for why we need to have rules for nullptr: It's a funny you should ask,
> because you're contributing to a project that mandates the placement of {}s
> in minute detail. It's unclear why there should be no guideline for 0 vs.
> nullptr if there is for for() vs. for ().
>
> The rationale, in both cases, of course, is: consistency.

This, for me, is btw. a very strong argument in favor of requesting nullptr
everywhere.

Personally, I'd be in favor of running clang-modernize on Qt and asking people
to use nullptr in new code.

Reviewing the patch of clang-modernize is easy btw. It either compiles and is
good, or it doesn't and needs work. None of this needs manual review.
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel: +49-30-521325470