[Development] RFF: nullptr rules

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 14:04:03 CET 2015

The invention of the 0 concept was a revolution; are we facing something similar
here? :)

Milian Wolff wrote:

> This, for me, is btw. a very strong argument in favor of requesting nullptr
> everywhere.

Or of using 0 everywhere, but not having read the entire thread I must presume
good reasons have been presented to use nullptr over 0.

I saw mention of a Q_xxx macro in this thread (and lots of code using it). If it
has been argued here already, let me add my voice to the opinion that this
implies a Qt-specific type that should only be used in calls to Qt functions,
something that seems counterproductive.

R.