[Development] New Qt 5.6.0 Beta candidate packages available

Massimo Callegari massimocallegari at yahoo.it
Wed Dec 16 14:40:57 CET 2015

Hi and thanks everyone for your hard work on this massive Qt release.

I'd just like to add my 2 cents.

I know Qt3D on Qt 5.6.0 will still be a tech preview, but recently 2 examples (deferred-rendering-cpp and deferred-rendering-qml) got broken due to some changes in the lighting area.

Here's the JIRA reference: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-49788

Not a big deal, but if no one fix them, they will slip (broken) into the final release.

Maybe it's worth considering if this is blocker for the RC or not. Or even better, fix the code :)

Thanks ! (and sorry to the Qt3D team for sounding like a broken record...)

Massimo