[Development] Qt::WindowFullScreen on OS X

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 17:44:36 CET 2015

Hi

OS X introduced a "Displays have separate Spaces" feature in I think 10.9, which
controls whether virtual desktops span over all connected displays or are
specific to each display. There is an interplay with fullscreen behaviour.
Fullscreen still means occupying the window's screen (display), not the full
desktop, which is probably good. It also means that setting a window to
fullscreen mode blacks out the view on all other displays, which is much more
debatable IMHO.

There are still (Qt4-based) applications that manage to achieve the legacy
fullscreen mode in which only the window's "own" display is affected and the
view on other displays remains visible normally.

Is there a way foreseen to achieve this in Qt5? I had hoped that
QWindow::Fullscreen might have this effect because it is documented as
"The window occupies one entire screen, is not resizable, and there is no
titlebar."

but no such luck.

Regards,
René