[Development] Deprecating modules with 5.5

Andreas Holzammer andreas.holzammer at kdab.com
Thu Feb 5 21:28:33 CET 2015

Am 05.02.2015 um 17:13 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On Thursday 05 February 2015 09:55:33 Andreas Holzammer wrote:
>>>
>>> QNX 6.5.0 has GCC 4.4.2. I don't know how important QNX 6.5.0 is
>>> for Qt Project.
>>
>> I think we cannot really drop QNX 6.5.0 support. Many companies are
>> still using it even for new products. Embedded companies are not that
>> fast yet and most secure products cannot use newer technologies, same
>> applies for medical products. So if we want to support a big portion
>> of the embedded market we cannot drop either MSVC 2008 and gcc 4.4
>> support.
>
> No chance of people installing a new compiler against the same old sysroot?

Actually there are new compilers for QNX 6.5.0 found here:
http://community.qnx.com/sf/frs/do/viewRelease/projects.toolchain/frs.gcc.gcc_4_8

The problem I had once is that I did not get a toolchain together which
worked for profiling Qt or C++ applications, but yes might be not very
relevant.

I would need to test if new gcc, binutils, new kernel and gdb will be a
valid option to go forward for QNX 6.5.0

Thank you

Andy

--
Andreas Holzammer | andreas.holzammer at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090