[Development] Upgrading the sources to C++11 keywords (Q_NULLPTR, etc.)

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Sun Feb 8 20:06:14 CET 2015

On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 02:28:03PM +0100, Marc Mutz wrote:
> 3. nullptr - On top of the warning, which I wasn't aware about, I find the
>    code easier to read. It's a mouthful, but it's what everyone will be using
>    five years from now, so we might as well start it now.

The original discussion was about Q_NULLPTR. You talk about nullptr.

This doesn't make the discussion easier, especially if the difference
between them makes a difference to people's willingness to use them.

> I treat this as a whitespace error, meaning I correct it whenever I touch a
> line of code for unrelated changes.

I'd prefer you didn't before this is the official rule.

Andre'

PS:

> [...] Algorithmic ineffciency.

All valid, but coming as an off-topic appendix to a mail a month late
in a disputed thread might not be the best start to bring the topic
on the table.