[Development] Deprecating modules with 5.5

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Sun Feb 8 21:25:31 CET 2015

On Sunday 08 February 2015 19:15:18 Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> Il 08/02/2015 17:58, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:
> > So we come back to this question again and again: if you can't upgrade the
> > OS and upgrade the compiler, why do you want to upgrade Qt?
>
> Because people want to use the latest features / bugfixes for developing
> their product, and yet they need to target such platforms...

If Qt 5.5 is LTS, some bugs fixes could be backported.
As for the new feature, if they can cope with an old system and compiler, they
can also cope with old Qt. Even if that implies re-inventing a few wheels.

So the question is:
If we were to drop MSVC2008, about how many companies or developers do you
think will choose not to use Qt because of that instead of using it?

Is there perhaps a lot of paying customer using it who would stop paying
licenses?

When is the end of life of Windows CE?

--
Olivier