[Development] qmake bug 17533

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Mon Feb 9 14:07:30 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 01:34:55PM +0100, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> I have been working on trying to fix
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-17533.
>
> The fix itself is really simple: [...]
riiiiiight ...

> Does anyone here know this code?

no

> It feels like an area where there could be dragons buried.

they aren't buried. they have already surrounded you and will have you
for dinner if you don't run really fast.

> So before I spend a lot of quality time with my debugger, trying to
> fix the new problem. The question I have right now is if it makes
> sense to write a more detailed and precise parser of C/C++ strings in
> the dependency generator.

it may be that i replace that code wholesale in the next weeks. code
already exists (since five years ...), but it wasn't developed in a very
cooperative way, and nobody bothered upstreaming it into qmake so far.