[Development] Problem porting app from Qt4 to Qt5 with multiple X-screen

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Feb 10 10:14:16 CET 2015

> Von: "Christian Ehrlicher" <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>
> Am 09.02.2015 um 15:35 schrieb Friedemann Kleint:
> > Hi,
> >
> > >we've multiple X-screens configured (:0.0 ... :0.3) but Qt5 seems to
> > have lost the ability to display something on another screen than the
> > default
> > > QMainWindow *wm = new QMainWindow(dw->screen(1));
> >
> > Change https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/105285/ for
> > https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44070[https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44070] should improve that.
> Thx for the info. I'll check this out tomorrow and report back if my
> issues are all gone :)
Ok, now at least all widgets with a desktop widget as parent are created on the correct screen. But as soon as I open a child window (e.g. the file open dialog on my example) this is created on the applications primary screen.
Should I fill a bug report for this?

btw: Is it correct that QScreen::geometry() returns 0/0 every time (openSUSE 13.2/Qt 5.3.2 rpm)

Christian