[Development] Problem porting app from Qt4 to Qt5 with multiple X-screen

Friedemann Kleint Friedemann.Kleint at theqtcompany.com
Tue Feb 10 13:19:16 CET 2015

Hi,

 >Ok, now at least all widgets with a desktop widget as parent are
created on the correct screen. But as soon as I open a child window
(e.g. the file open dialog on my example) this is >created on the
applications primary screen. Should I fill a bug report for this?

Yes please, with a small example (see
http://qt-project.org/wiki/ReportingBugsInQt ) . Do you pass a parent
widget to the dialog?

 >Qt4 I'm using QX11EmbedWidget/EmbedContainer.
 > In Qt5 I use QWidget::createWindowContainer() +
QWindow::>fromWinId(). The simple testcase (a QWidget on client and
server >side) works as expected but I my application it does

To my knowledge, the window container functionality is not intended for
this purpose ( see related issue
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-34771 ).

 >btw: Is it correct that QScreen::geometry() returns 0/0 every time
(openSUSE 13.2/Qt 5.3.2 rpm)

As size?  -  it should report the correct geometry. Which desktop
environment is this?

Regards,
Friedemann

--