[Development] qt-4.8.x gcc5 version/detection issues

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Feb 16 15:55:14 CET 2015

Found a couple more gcc5-related issues with qt-4.8.x builds:

* webkit components don't build, this is due to a configure check for
gcc-4.x, here's my quick-n-dirty fix (for g++ stanza only, others probably
should get touched too):

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/qt.git/tree/qt-fix_detection_of_gcc5.patch

* QT_BUILD_KEY handling

Similar to webkit above, the configure bits about QT_BUILD_KEY only handles
up to gcc-4.x.

For fedora 22, our gcc5 builds are done in a way that is (supposedly) ABI
compatible to gcc4, so I'm currently using:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/qt.git/tree/qt-gcc5_compat_qt_build_key.patch
to ensure QT_BUILD_KEY matches (ie, it includes the same g++-4 string as
before).

As far as upstream is concerned, I assume you'd prefer the default here to
be g++-5 ?

Both of these are fairly simple/obvious, is this sufficient or would you
rather I post something to codereview?

-- Rex