[Development] Reproducible Qt ; the purpose of QLibraryInfo::buildDate

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Feb 16 16:48:43 CET 2015

On Monday 16 February 2015 08:42:39 Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> Not only that. I still think that you could have the reproducible builds
> feature without introducing breakage: just fake the date. Hardcode the date
> where you care about the issue, and not for everybody else. I see there is
> something already available on Debian:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/sdate

I asked Sune to make it for everyone. He was going to add a configure-time
switch to enable the feature.

I don't see how the feature is useful. It was used only by the old evaluation
"nag screen".

We're making a conscious decision to deprecate the feature and stop updating
it. We could choose today's date, but I thought it would be nicer to use 5.0's
release date.