[Development] Proposal: Deprecating platforms in Qt 5.6 that don't support lambda

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Fri Feb 20 09:28:24 CET 2015

I tend to agree here, but Daniel raises a very valid point when he says:

> I would expect that allowing C++11 in Qt would similarly lead to a wider understanding on how to leverage the new features for better code and better APIs.

Since we don't use modern C++11 in Qt , its examples and documentation itself, there's little common understanding and best practices how to do so.

So, short of using C++11 in Qt library code itself: How about if we encourage using C++11/C++14 features in examples and documentation snippets? To bootstrap this we might even do a 'porting week' once to crowd-source this...

Regards

Kai