[Development] Proposal: Deprecating platforms in Qt 5.6 that don't support lambda

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Fri Feb 20 12:44:41 CET 2015

El Friday 20 February 2015, André Somers escribió:
> Olivier Goffart schreef op 20-2-2015 om 11:38:
> > On Friday 20 February 2015 11:26:31 Daniel Teske wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >> That's one area. The others are too replace trivial interfaces with a
> >> low amount of virtual functions by a std::function properties. This can
> >> simplify code if e.g. the different implementations don't fit into a
> >> nice hierarchy.
> >
> > Note that the Qt ABI (in practice, the Qt public API) cannot use
> > std::function because we don't use stl types in our ABI.
> >
> > So we must roll our own (QFunction).
> > (or change the policy)
>
> We already have, don't we? After all, QObject::connect takes a lambda or
> a function-like object...

But that class is QtPrivate::FunctionPointer (aka PointerToMemberFunction in
the docs) which obviously is not public. There was this discussion on qt-
interest on wether one could use that type for ones own classes:

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2014-December/014465.html

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2