[Development] A better headersclean test

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 2 17:55:28 CET 2015

On Wednesday 17 December 2014 19:57:47 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> The reason I am asking for this is because having our own headers be clean
> of
> warnings is a feature. And just like our binary compatibility guarantees, it
> should be tested and enforced in the CI, which in turn requires everyone to
> know whether they're introducing warnings or not.

> 1) unlike the previous solution, this does not require adding a unit test,
> which only 9 out of 25 modules had

Oh, by the way, turns out that of the 9 modules that had
tests/auto/headersclean, only 5 had the test linked from auto.pro. So the
situation was even worse than I first reported it to be.

Anyway, this email was meant to ask if we could enable the new way by default
with -developer-build. There was one response in agreement, everyone else was
silent.

I'm giving it another week due to the Christmas/New Years break, after that I
will consider it ML consensus to enable by default.