[Development] A better headersclean test

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 19:27:24 CET 2015

On Wednesday 17 December 2014 19:57:47 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I've previously mentioned this, but I can't find the link in the archives.
>
> I've implemented a better headersclean check that can't be forgotten. You
> can find it at https://codereview.qt-project.org/45533
>
> This email is to ask for when it should be enabled: Lars and Ossi in the
> mail discussion requested it be disabled by default. I think it should be
> enabled alongside developer-build and it should have an option to turn off,
> like the one for -warnings-are-errors (-no-warnings-are-errors) which
> applies to the *.cpp files.
>
> The reason I am asking for this is because having our own headers be clean
> of warnings is a feature. And just like our binary compatibility
> guarantees, it should be tested and enforced in the CI, which in turn
> requires everyone to know whether they're introducing warnings or not.

ACKing that I do not do developer-build for Debian (because "we don't need it"
[0]) and that my opinion should not have much weight if any, I do also think
Thiago's idea is a nice one. I do also consider having headers clean of
warnings is a feature which might help catching bugs earlier.

[0] It would actually be really cool if we could, but that would mean to own
more build-power and time, which I really don't have.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/