[Development] Processing synthesized mouse events in platform plugins

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at theqtcompany.com
Wed Jan 7 14:34:32 CET 2015

> On 24 Dec 2014, at 14:48, Александр Волков <a.volkov at rusbitech.ru> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Currently three major platform plugins (xcb, windows and cocoa) by default behave
> absolutely different when they receive synthesized mouse events from the system:

> 3) cocoa plugin doesn't distinguish them from real mouse events (fix me if I`m wrong).

This is correct; historically touchpad mouse events have been treated as “real” mouse events.

In fact, single-point touch events are not forwarded to Qt, unless
1) the event receiver is a QWidget
2) that QWidget has WA_TouchPadAcceptSingleTouchEvents set.

Setting Qt::MouseEventSynthesizedBySystem sounds like something we should do provided that information is available on the native event.

I’m not sure about the "ignore synthesized mouse events” part: What would change from the app perspective, and how would we preserve compatibility?

Morten