[Development] qtchooser (was: Re: Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?)

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Jan 18 01:24:42 CET 2015

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> So, yes, qtchooser is the next best thing. But you're refusing to adhere
> to the common way. Fair enough, I'll just recommend anyone using Fedora
> packages in #qt to go to #fedora, since you're refusing to standardise...

qtchooser is available in fedora, but is opt-in.  If users want it, they can
install it.

The proposal to install qtchooser by default was denied, by a large margin
by the fedora kde-sig development team (I think I may have be the sole
proponent), due in large part to the issues Kevin raises.  That said, Kevin
was the the most vocal in opposition, so take what he says with that in
mind... ie, his statements are his alone, and don't necessarily speak for
fedora as a whole.

-- Rex