[Development] qtchooser (was: Re: Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?)

Konstantin Ritt ritt.ks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 01:29:18 CET 2015

As a developer, I would rarely use the only Qt version provided by the
distro. In fact, I currently have 8 different Qt-5 builds (partially
because of some projects are sticking to some particular Qt-5
version/configuration/etc.)
Having just a "qmake-qt5" solution doesn't fit my purposes; adding some
freaky suffixes is not an option either.

As for Qt-4 and the qmake name clash, I *never* had a problem with building
against a wrong Qt version, simply because I have a separate configuration
for my Qt-4 builds.

Regards,
Konstantin