[Development] qtchooser (was: Re: Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jan 18 06:15:45 CET 2015

I wrote:
> I also see how it happened: You were convinced that it was possible to
> solve the problem in a different way (qtchooser) and so accepted to
> implement that. Unfortunately, that implementation does not fulfill the
> distributions' actual requirements, so we are back to square one.

PS: Fedora has always had exactly one requirement: that the binaries get the
-qtN suffix (the packaging convention we and other distros have been using
for years, even for Qt 4). Therefore, any solution that does not include
such a suffix does by definition not fulfill our requirements.

        Kevin Kofler