[Development] Android Serial Port USB device

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sun Jan 18 18:01:55 CET 2015

Hello,

Mike Gonza worked on a wrapper of usb-serial-for-android and provided
patches a while ago but they were not accepted because
usb-serial-for-android is LGPLv2.1 only:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/83480/

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/84338/

https://github.com/mik3y/usb-serial-for-android

As a consequence, Qt has no support for non-rooted serial port on Android.
AFAIK there is no alternative to usb-serial-for-android (other than
reinventing it from scratch with a more acceptable license). Or is there?

Is there any chance Mike's patches are at least merged as an optional
feature which is not compiled by default?

Thank you

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org